Style Me Pretty


So yesterday I gave you a quick update on what nail and hair colours will be trending in Autumn/Winter 2015.  Today I will show you how to style this looks to ensure a fashionable appearance at all times. 


First of all I will share my top 5 picks for hair styling.  As a student, I quickly lean towards effortless and stylish hair looks.  Anything that is quick, looks classy and will stay the same throughout the day will do for me.  Another thing I have to keep in mind is a hair style that will look nice with my glasses.  That can sometimes be a problem, because a too formal look draws too much attention especially with my glasses on.  So eye sight comes first in my case.

I am so happy to see that this type of hairstyle will be back for Autumn/Winter 2015 – especially to somebody like me who is a student and don’t always have enough time to have a whole hair-do ready for class.  This look can be dolled up with some embellished hair accessories, or you can choose to keep it plain – the choice is all yours.

One thing you can count on each season to be in style is the classic ponytail – the only aspect that drastically changes is the height of the ponytail.  For this season it will be a low ponytail.  You can keep it timeless like in the last picture, or you can add some interesting hair detail like seen in picture 1 and 2. 

This is a very glamorous look that will make any outfit look a lot more fancy.  One of the characteristics of this look is the wavy curl look like seen in the 1st and 3rd picture.  This look can then be worn as a up-do or with your hair hanging loose.  One of the most important factors to keep in mind with this look is that the curl should not be too intense, keep it wavy.  In the 2nd picture is the classic hair roll.  This is easy to do and will keep you looking fabulous throughout the day.

Women are usually not very keen on trying out this particular look.  Some feel too exposed with all the hair out of their face, but it is one of my favorite looks.  I don’t like hair in my face when I get busy in the day – so this tucked in look keeps me feeling organised.  This also looks very pretty if your hair is hanging loose, especially on the cold winter days.

Every women out there knows the feeling of standing up in the mornings and having hair on their head with a life of their own – isn't that why you have hair? To remind you that you cannot control everything in life…  So the messy up-do is absolutely perfect for days with uncontrollable hair.  Use your curling iron and quickly curl tips of your hair and make a messy bun.  You can jazz this look up with some hair accessories.


Now I will be sharing my top 3 nail trends.  When doing your nails a lot of aspects have to be taken into consideration, like in my case I always like to keep it plain and simple.  The colours I use vary from nude to grey, dark pink/red and burgundy.  Yet again, keep your lifestyle and activities in mind when choosing nail colours and details on your nails.

This is one of my FAVORITE nail colours at the moment.  Effortless, but still noticeable.  When doing your own nails in this colour it is very convenient when a nail chips, because first of all it is not so easy noticeable and second of all it can easily be fixed.  If you like wearing a lot of head to toe back this will also give you a more relaxed look.


As indicated in the blog post yesterday, metallic will yet again be a fashionable colour this season.  You can also incorporate some metallic details in your own nail colours.  This will still be striking, but simple.  With this look you can experiment a little and search for some inspiration on Pinterest if you would like to try something new.

With the green colour scheme going on – colours that is eye catching will be nothing new for this Autumn/Winter.  Just remember that every aspect of your style should be incorporated into your own personal look and style.  Don’t wear green nail polish if you are unsure about it.  I will rather wear a green nail polish with a blue undertone, because of my pale skin.  Using a khaki colour on my nails might just make me look a little bit ill….  

I hope this tips has inspired you to try out a few new hair and nail trends for Autumn/Winter 2015.  Tomorrow I will be sharing my Woolworths Exclusive Post with you – also focusing on the latest hair and nail trends.  Then of course, my Special Post will be on the following day.

Have a lovely day.

C
xxx



Instagram Feed