2015 Platnium Fashion Festival


This past weekend fashion lovers from all over gathered in Klerksdorp for the  2nd Platinum Fashion Festival. 
This fashion extravaganza, presented by North West School of Design succeeded in raising the bar for student graduation shows in South Africa.  The Platinum Fashion Festival gave way to not only 3 top notch fashion shows, but also a hair show and various  live performances. 
The Brutal Fruit Vip Lounge gave the platform for North West School of Design students to rub shoulders with a host of celebrities, fashion leaders and media. 
Gert Johan Coetzee announced his 2016 bursary winner and during the Brutal Fruit Fashion Talk, Gert Johan advised the current NWSD students on fashion and business where after, Power Couple SA contestants Emile and Razia Samson facilitated a question and answer session with the students. 
The highlight of the festival was unmistakably the creativity and high quality garments presented by North West School of Design fashion students.

Thank you so much for North West School of Design for having me at this year's Platinum Fashion Festival. It is truly an honor to be part of such a spectacular event.

VIP Lounge

My Colette by Colette Hayman black and white purse with my tickets to all the shows for the Platinum Fashion Festival.
The famous Gert-Johan Coetzee giving some valuable tips at the Brutal Fruit Fashion Talk.
Day 1 of the Platinum Fashion Festival and I decided to wear my infinity dress as a cross over in the front and in the back.
Kobus Rautenbach, one of my favorite South African Designers and I.
Monique Elzania de Ponte, a student at North West School of Design and I.
Here I am with Simone le Roux, a 3rd year Consumer Sciences student who helped out backstage.
The oh so stunning and amazing Lebogang Nobuhle Kepadisa and I. What a wonderful young woman - she is most definitively going places
One of Gert Johan Coetzee's stunning creations.
From the left is the model with a stunning red dress from Gert Johan Coetzee, with me in the middle and the stunning designer on the right.
Day 2 of the Platinum Fashion Festival where I decided to wear a one shoulder black dress with my all time favorite Wooden Lace wood and metal ring.
Some Wooden Lace while watching the runway show.
I simply fell in love with this amazing Theron and Theron leather clutch.
The stunning ladies from Theron and Theron Designs. What an honor it is to know them and to be able to work with them as well. 
The amazing Razia Samson and I.
From the left, Berne Theron, Gert-Johan Coetzee, Simone Theron and I.
The stunning Marika Steyn with me, Simone and Berne Theron.

It was really such an amazing experience to meet and chat with Gert-Johan Coetzee. He is an amazing example of a designer who made it big still with both feet on the ground.
The Platinum Fashion Festival will only get bigger and bigger each year and I want to congratulate each and every person who was involved with organizing this stunning event. A special thank you to Marlene and Charles Oosthuizen, because without them none of this would have been possible.

C
xxx

Instagram Feed