![]() |
| A photo taken of Audrey Hepburn by Richard Avedon. |
![]() |
| A photo taken of Audrey Hepburn and Richard Avedon in 1956. |
Since I can remember I always wanted to look elegant. Now, to a 10 year old little girl this term
of elegance and looking timeless was not so common and fully understood, but to
me it was. I was mesmerised on a daily basis by all the
classy older ladies that I saw. Walking
in such a way that people always stared, looking approachable, timeless and
most important, elegant. I always wanted to look like that. As I was only a 10 year old little girl when
I started to say that I wanted to look elegant, people thought it was just a
phase I was going through but now its 10 years later and I’m still striving to be
like the elegant ladies I so frequently saw.
When I hear the word elegance, the first 2 people I think of is Coco
Chanel and Audrey Hepburn. The photographer
Richard Avedon captured some of Audrey Hepburn’s most famous moments on camera
and today it can still be seen as elegance.
Then of course Coco Chanel was the starting point of the black dress and
pearls, looking classy and leaving a legacy behind that is still being
respected today. The next thing that
pops into my head is “The Little Black Dress”.
Since the 50’s this was a term that was commonly used among women of all
ages, shapes and sizes. The most astonishing
fact is that women of today still refer to a timeless black dress as a “The
Little Black Dress”. Now that is the ultimate style item to me. You can dress it up and dress it down and
always look fabulous because simplicity is after all the key note of all true
elegance.
I decided to put together 3 looks incorporating “The Little Black Dress”
to show you how you can look timeless and effortlessly cheek all the time. Then of course the best part of all is that
black dresses is so versatile and can suit every fashion style out there by
mixing up the accessories.
Looking back on 2013 I think that I did not only tried to look elegant,
but I also tried to carry myself in such a way that people looked at me the
same way that I looked at the elegant ladies when I was only 10 years old. To some girls the concept of looking elegant
is a lost art that may never be found and to others, such as me, it is
something I wish to strive to every day of my life.
2013 was a year full of surprises and astounding world news. I can only hope that 2014 will be much bigger
and better than 2013. May each and every
one of you have a relaxing time with your families this Christmas and once
again realize the true meaning of this wonderful time of the year.
C
xxx
All the fabulous fashion items I used in this post can be found at the following shops:
![]() |
| www.spree.co.za |
![]() |
| www.foschini.co.za |
![]() |
| www.mrp.com |
![]() |
| www.woolworths.co.za |


















No comments:
Post a Comment