If I had to make a list of the most
inspirational women in South Africa, Ulricke Laubscher would definitely have
been in my top 3 choices. Ulricke is the owner and designer of Wooden Lace, a
local accessory brand. She likes to incorporate her personal style into her
designs and her passion for fashion can be seen in every designs as she pours
her heart into her brand. Ulricke obtained her Fashion Design degree in 2009
and her ye for design and fashion can be seen in every piece she designs and
makes for Wooden Lace. Being part of the fashion industry first impressions is
always important, and Ulricke feels that in order to have a successful brand,
she must dress in such a manner that she sells her look and show the consumers
how to wear the accessories in the right way.
This energetic, passionate, gregarious
and persistent young lady describes her personal fashion style as slick,
bohemian and glam, blending timeless styles and cutting edge fashion. I like to
ask the people for who I’m styling an outfit what their favourite part of the
day is, and Ulricke’s answer even made me (yes, I am also an early bird):like
mornings even more “Mornings, get up,
dress up, show up and do your thing!! The whole day a waits with opportunities.” When I asked Ulricke where is the one place
that she would like to travel to, she said Santorini, something I also kept in
mind when styling her outfit.
I had to admit, styling an outfit for
someone like Ulricke was rather intimidating at first, mostly due to the fact that
she knows her personal fashion style so well and what works with her body and
what not. It doesn’t happen often, but every now and again people (and even fashionistas
like Ulricke) need someone who pushes the boundaries when it comes to fashion.
So I decided to style a Fashion Forward
look for this amazing lady. This is something I tried to do when I styled
Ulricke’s outfit. I took the concept of her favourite clothing item, being
skinny ripped jeans, and still used the ripped aspect of the fashion item but used
the boyfriend style jean. I then incorporated her love for bohemian fashion by
making use of a unique clutch bag and then of course using some stunning Wooden
Lace sunglasses and a breath taking necklace. The cropped white textured top
ensures that this look still gives her the slick look and the shoes most
definitely give this outfit a more glamorous look. To finish this look off I
decided to add the Prada Candy fragrance, a long wear light grey eye liner
(because no one can pull of a cat eye
look like Ulricke) and then of course a light pink lip colour.
Textured mesh crop
from Witchery available at Woolworths.
Courageous pouch from
Mimco available at Woolworths.
White and beige cut
out heels in white from Madison available at Spree.
Flowerchild
sunglasses available at Wooden Lace.
Boho necklace
available at Wooden Lace.
Prada Candy fragrance
available at Spree.
Stay all day
waterproof eyeliner in light grey from Stila available at Spree.
Chubby stick in Elusive
pink from Revlon available at Woolworths.
It is such an honour knowing and working with Ulricke and I am so excited about her future the designer and owner of Wooden Lace as well as in her personal life. Ulricke inspires and motivates where ever she goes and her bubbly personality makes her a super fun person to be around. So watch out South Africa - the girl is destined for greatness.
(The items used in the "Fashion Forward" look can be found at:)
Have a lovely day.
C
xxx
















No comments:
Post a Comment