When I first
contacted Nicolaas, he was probably just as excited as I was to do this blog
post which is always a great thing.
Nicolaas van der Walt is a radio presenter and although he is not seen
while working, he always dress hip and funky because he believes you will feel
the way you dress.
It is always so
lovely to see that people take note of the importance of fashion and first
impressions. Nicolaas goes to a lot of
events and social gatherings and believe that it is important to look and feel
good because your personality is reflected in your fashion and that is the
first thing people notices when they see you.
This quirky,
confident and easy going guy’s fashion never disappoints and he is not scared
to take risks. I love it when guys are
willing to take chances when it comes to fashion and styling. Nicolaas is one of the few guys that I have
seen who can pull off a coloured skinny jean - in style. When I asked him what is his favourite
colour(s) to wear he said:
“I love wearing green when I’m feeling funky. Red when I’m feeling
bold. Grey when I’m feeling relaxed.”
This was very
interesting to hear and it was the first inspiration I used for the outfit I
styled for Nicolaas. I was very hesitant
to use both green and red in his look, because these two colours combined
reminds me of a Christmas tree… BUT I hope that I pulled it off. I tried to incorporate these colours by using
it in a warmer tone – so that it will blend better.
I was really shocked when I
asked him if he is happy with his current style and he said that he thinks he
doesn’t even have a style. Nicolaas just
buys what he likes – sometimes it will be something really funky while other
times it will be a more toned down plain look.
Furthermore Nicolaas said that brand names doesn’t influence him at all
– and thinks that he doesn’t even own any branded clothing. So it can be said that he is not a big fan at
all. Nicolaas buys most of his clothing
at Mr Price, YDE, and Cotton On. These
shops are the perfect choices when you consider Nicolaas’s style is fun,
hipster inspired, trendy and bright. He
is brand ambassador for Follicle Hair Atelier and this ensures that Nicolaas
always has a celebrity hair-do.
One of the questions
I also have in the questionnaire I sent Nicolaas is if he would like to have a
fashion stylist to help you pick out outfits for everyday living or just for
special occasions and he replied to this question in a way that really made me
laugh:
“YES. YES. YES. Send one NOW for EVERYDAY. Please. Thank you.”
If I was located in
the city I would definitely help Nicolaas every weekend – I would love styling
outfits for him! Nicolaas is not a big
fan of shopping so I think I might enjoy the experience more than him!
![]() |
| Nicolaas is also a brand ambassador for Stiki. |
(All the clothing items used in this blog post is available at the following shops)
(Check out Follicle Hair Atelier's website if you too want to look like a celebrity)
(If you want to find out more about Nicolaas, check out his website by clicking on the image below)
It is such a privilege for me to style outfits for all these special people and especially for Nicolaas because he was so excited about this and so kind to me when I asked him some extra questions. I think that he will look amazing in this look!
Have a lovely day!
C
xxx

















No comments:
Post a Comment